Friday, August 6, 2010

greetings from the crypt



Um...hello?
Helllll-ooooo?
Anybody out there??
Woh. Hey. Hi-ya.

How ya been?
I'm surfacing from the hell , fun that was summer.
Gosh, has it been an entire summer vacation since I last visited here? I have been so delinquent! Hmmm....how do I summarize the past few months in one blog post?

Well, j. did it again. He turned another year older. I can't believe he's 8! We're about to embark on 3rd grade in a few days and are counting down the hours, minutes, days...

He had a fun, chill bday with friends and a movie on our lawn with some backyard olympics.

It lasted into the wee hours (well, 10pm or so) on account of that pesky fact that it doesn't get dark until 9 or so and we still had a movie to watch.


There were camps, a beach trip with 17 people, a lot of pool time, books, books, and more books and HOTTER than a 2bit...oh, wait...nevermind...summer. So hot the pool is not much of a respite at 85 degrees. Yeah, refreshing.



I managed to maintain sanity (sort of) with a bored 8 year old and a testy 2 year old towards the end. And I have had loads of mommy guilt over how I handled some of these days. Such is life...and it goes on.

I am currently getting reenergized in my creative business...of which has completely fallen by the wayside and is practically non-existent but the ideas are starting to flow again. And that is a good thing.

So, what's new with you? And are you still there? I wouldn't blame you for ditching....

OH gosh, AND we'll be able to bless the world (with a little help from ABOVE) with a new little face come March. Yes, Lord help me....

So, besides being hot...I've been pukey, migrainey, and full of joy. ;)

3 comments:

  1. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations Heather!!!!!!! xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are back into the blog-o-sphere. I think about you everyday! Hope you are feeling okay today and remember- it does pass!!! :) It does royally suck to feel so crappy though especially with other ones to care for. So excited to be an Auntie again!

    ReplyDelete