Thursday, August 19, 2010

something new

My good friend asked me to make a flower girl basket and a head-piece for her daughter. Of course, this is something I love to do and loved the challenge of this one. The flowers for this wedding are these unusual purple and turquoise orchids...
Now since it is highly unlikely I can find a silk/fake version of this amazing flower, I did the next best thing... I improvised. The bridesmaids are wearing dresses in this deep turquoise color...so, for some reason I felt like I could go fun and funky with this task. I hope I succeeded and that she loves it. The purple isn't quite as vibrant as the orchids, but is more so than the pictures indicate. (fingers crossed)

And since I don't have a little girl to model for me to see how it's gonna look, the 2 year old I do have seemed the right size. (he didn't love it so I bribed him with cookies...)






No comments:

Post a Comment